Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wow! I guess I should have known it was going to be awesome after all the reviews, but this was even better than the reviews.  A mix of Avatar and 1980s pop culture, Cline provides a walk through memory lane that comes alive with wonderful storytelling.  I think a hundred authors have attempted the 'virtual reality' gaming idea, but none have been able to tell such a enticing tale.  I don't know if it was that the characters were so likable or if he just knows how to create intrigue and suspense, but whatever 'it' is that makes Ready Player One the best book I have read in a couple years, I was sad to come to the end.  With all the trilogies out there, I thought maybe there would be a second novel, but the way it wrapped up, I am guessing not.  For those of you who can't get enough of it, don't worry, there appears to be a movie in the making.  Thundercats! Hooo!

No comments: